Tuesday, April 15, 2003

~NOSE JOB~

Those of you who know me well, know that I hate my nose and always have. A few of you, crazy as I might think you are, say you like it (?!) and that I shouldn't change it. Well, it's my nose, not yours! I want it changed.
I often say to people that I'd rather have an "asian" (specifically Korean) nose, with no bridge, flatter top,  and wider at the bottom but realistically to do that I'd have to have major facial reconstruction for it to look normal on my face. My cheek bones would have to be moved outwards, my forehead pushed back, my eye crease removed, and my lips thickened. I think it would just be easier to be reborn an asian girl!!
Seriously though, I would like to have a nose job done at some point. I could easily save up the money and do it. What's stopping me? Have you ever seen any of those shows on tv like TLC's "A Personal Story" or Life Network's "Skin Deep" when they've documented rhinoplasty operations? IT'S GROSS! It looks so painful and when I even think about the scraping and the tools they use and things going up my nose all the way to my forehead, I feel sick to my stomach.
I may actually get around to it though. I've wanted to change my nose for as long as I can remember. Just look at it! Wouldn't you? My mom says it gives me "character". (And so do my crooked teeth that I'm also going to fix someday.) I figure I have enough character with my other flaws.
I've looked up several websites with information about the surgery. (The first one has really interesting before and after pictures.) I'll do more research for surgeons in this area later when I'm a little more serious about going ahead with it.


my rhinoplasty links:

Surgery I would have would be most similar to this girl's.


(originally posted to my geocities website - actual date unknown) 

No comments: