Friday, April 18, 2003

Anime~


There are a lot of people out there who are REALLY into anime, as it's known to fans, commonly known as japanamation. It has quite a cult following ~ like Star Trek, and Doom, etc. SO, the people who are into anime are generally geeks! Fitting…


I've been getting into more anime lately. Of course the classics like Transformers and Astroboy have always been in my life but because of my interest in asian things (*yeah, yeah, we know*) I started with Miyazaki's Spirited Away.
I LOVED it so I checked out Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and Kiki's Delivery Service by him as well. A new one called The Cat Returns came out yesterday. I hope Jay gets it for me cause I'm broke. 
While acquiring those, some others caught my eye from their front cover art.


I rented Serial Experiments Lain (vol. 1) from Blockbuster and thought it was pretty cool so I ended up buying the whole series.
In Japan, animated mini-series are constantly being put on tv. If they're good, and sometimes if they're not, they're released on dvd for all us geeks.
I also picked up one that has always interested me. Kai Doh Maru, animated to look like old Japanese art and takes place in the Heian period (old Japan). It's kind of weird. The story line is vague, kind of like a dream. Most anime is like that, I find.
Liz says her favourite is Hellsing. I haven't seen anything from that series yet. It looks scary so I'll leave it until I've watched all the ones I'm intrigued with first.



For Christmas, Jay gave me the Teknolyze series and the world-famous, and credited as giving anime it's fame, Akira movie. DTS Japanese version, no less.

There are a couple more series I have my eye on but can't afford at the moment. The Last Exile, Kino's Journey, and Samurai-X.

(originally posted to my geocities website - actual date unknown) 

No comments: