Wednesday, April 16, 2003

dreams~*

One of my life-long dreams is to travel to east Asia. I've wanted to see Japan, Hong Kong, China, and Korea for a long time. I figure the best way to do it (so that I can stay for more than a week!) would be to go to teach English. I know (of) people who've done it (or are doing it) and you can make a crap-load of money. Plus I have a nice speaking voice! Who wouldn't hire me?! Actually, not too many people at the moment because, from what I've heard, you have to have a university degree to teach English in a foreign country. You need a Bachelor's to obtain a working visa and it's illegal to work without one. I've HEARD that I could still be hired but it seems too shady. I'd be too scared. Plus, if found out, you could be deported.
Did you ever see the show English Teachers on Life Network? The only thing that really scares me about doing this is the bugs!
Being in a relationship makes it a lot harder to make the descision to go. You're not just considering your own feelings but that of someone else as well. I won't go if Jay doesn't want me to but I'm hoping if and when the time comes, he'll be supportive.

These are a few sites I found:


(originally posted to my geocities website - actual date unknown) 

No comments: