Friday, April 29, 2005

i made a family tree!

it took me like, 2 and a half hours! it's on my website but it's not done yet so i haven't posted it. since my grandmother passed away... no one will know what's going on in each other's lives. she was the centre of the family (the matriarchal head) that talked to everyone and passed the news along. i'd like to get the email addresses of everyone in my family and post it on the tree so we can all keep in touch. it has birthday and anniversary info too. of course, YOU will never see it. i'm only giving the exact address to my family. it's got a lot of personal info so it wouldn't be safe (or polite) to let the whole world know. (Geena, if you want to see it, I'll let you... ) anywho, i'm proud of it.
current mood: productive

*02/05/15 i wish there had been a way to screenshot things back then. my geocities website was so freaking cool! (considering the technology available back then) i liked it because you had complete control over where exactly things were placed on the page. now, it's all structured and there isn't much freedom (right, middle, centre, etc.) poop.
the family tree was on a background that was this old school drawing of a gnarled-looking ancient tree. it was pretty amazing, if you ask me. all i've got now is my memories. 

No comments: