Monday, November 09, 2009

babies on the brain

I want to have a baby… but I want to be ready. I know I will never feel that way so I’m wondering if it’s something that I should just allow to happen. I’m afraid… of so many things. I don’t want to bring a baby into this world for selfish reasons. Yes, I want to love someone. I do love people but a child is different. Your own child is different… I want to watch someone grow for their whole life. I want to pass on my values and ideals. I want to see Jay as a father. I want … purpose. Really, what IS a good reason to have a child?
I’m afraid that I will be too inconsistent. I’m afraid I will slack off. I’m afraid I will put myself ahead of my child. I’m afraid of childbirth!! I’m afraid of the emotional scars that I will create. I’m afraid my child will get into bad things.

When is a good time? Should I still go to school first? Should I go to Japan? Should I try to find a job I love? Should I be in peak physical shape? Do I HAVE to be? Is there anyone or thing that can give me answers to these questions? What if I make the wrong choices….

No comments: